At Contemporary Music Center individual music lessons are generally 30 minutes long. Some students arrange 60 minute lessons (as they have been playing music and desire a more concentrated focus). Whether students are at the beginning, intermediate, or advanced levels – CMC’s individual lessons are designed to help the musician grow into their next level.
The advantage our “one on one” program is that lesson outlines are specifically tailored to each individual student. Music instructors set the pace of learning exactly at the right level and adjust every lesson to fit the personal needs, challenges, and the comfort of each student. CMC has created a relaxed but focused individual learning environment.
Our instructors work though positive critiques, making suggestions both technically and musically, while also helping the student to understand the right mind set for learning. As the student advances the instructor adjusts the lesson level to the student’s new musical awareness.
CMC Instructors work with students on:
- Techniques required to play the instrument of choice.
- Practice routines, and mind sets, that help the student succeed.
- Suggestions of music and materials to help accomplish the student’s goals.
- Learning the art of musical expression.
- Learning the art of performance.
- Learning to play in ensembles.
- Learning to understand and apply today’s new music technology
- Learning to understand the history of music.
Instruction is available in:
- Guitar (Acoustic & Electric)
- Piano & Keyboard
- Drum Set & Percussion
- Double Bass
- Mallet Percussion
- All Saxophones
- French Horn
- Baritone Horn